Saturday, February 15, 2020

Prep School Passion - Chapter 6 preview


Waiting for the upcoming final installment of the series Prep School Passion? Already read Prep School Obsession and caught up on Marco and the Devil: A Prep School Blues Story and checked out the Gabby/Fareed prologue on this blog? Here's an excerpt from the sixth chapter, featuring Edgar Alexander's first encounter with Jack and Larsen after learning about their burgeoning relationship...

Chapter Six

The unpredictable Midwestern weather brought an early spring that year. By the time Larsen recovered enough to return to school, the weather warmed up sufficiently for him and Jack to walk around with no overcoats on top of their regulation uniform blazers. 

“You sure you’re up to this?” Jack asked Larsen as they approached the front doors of Prospere Academy. 

“I have to go back to school sometime.” Larsen shrugged, wincing only slightly from the lingering pain in his shoulder wound. “I’m sick of sitting around Steve’s apartment. Besides, I’ll get to hang out with you more.”


“I can’t complain about that.” Jack beamed at him. They had never entered the school before as a couple. He was not sure what to expect. 

“Jack, about our status or whatever.” Larsen must have inferred something worrying him. “Now that I’m coming back to school…”

“It’s up to you, Larsen. I don’t want to push you to do anything you’re not ready for. As long as I know we’re together, that’s okay.”

“Let’s play it by ear and see what happens. I’m not afraid anymore.”

They opened the doors and entered, only to be confronted with the sight of Edgar Alexander, slim as always in his school uniform, his signature smirk on his pale face.

“Oh look!” Edgar announced when Jack and Larsen crossed his path. “Romeo and Romeo, together at last!” 

“Nice to see you too, Edgar.” Larsen gave a heavy sigh. “Now could you go annoy someone else?”

“Larsen, Larsen. I am truly happy that I helped you two find love.”

“Cut it out, Edgar,” Jack implored. This was not a good start to Larsen’s first day back.

“Come on, Jack,” Edgar continued. “I did you both a big favor. I’m talking about the important stuff. You were a virgin when I met you, but after the nights we spent together…”

“Let’s not revisit that,” Jack cut him off. He thought Larsen looked mad. He tried to get in between him and Edgar before anything could escalate. 

“No worries! I’m just saying that after all I taught you, I’m sure you’re leaving Larsen here pretty damn satisfied at the end of the night.” Edgar reached around Jack to pat Larsen’s tie. “Go ahead and enjoy that boy, Larsen. I know I did.”

Jack looked down at the floor, flushed and embarrassed as Edgar laughed and walked away. 

“Don’t listen to Edgar.” Jack turned to Larsen and gently put a hand on his shoulder. “He’s jealous.”

“I know, but he made a point.”

“I would never touch him again. You know that. He sickens me.”

“I’m not talking about you and Edgar. I’m talking about you and me…and something we have yet to do.” Larsen moved closer to Jack, close enough to kiss, and ran a hand down his chest. 

“You mean that.” The realization dawned on Jack. He felt a blush burning on his cheeks. 

“With me all laid up from surgery, I wasn’t in any condition to…you know.”

“But you are now?”

“If you’re ready.”

“When?”

“Soon.”

“Do you mean that?”

“Why wait?”

“I’ve done it before with a guy. You haven’t. All the way, I mean.” Jack brought his voice low. He could not believe they were talking about this bright daylight right there in the hallways of their school with people passing them left and right, let alone with Larsen’s hand still on his chest just over his rapidly beating heart.

“I think I can figure it out,” Larsen mused. “Can’t be that hard.”
“You have no idea, Larsen…but what happened to going slow?”


“Screw that.” Larsen winked. 
Jack almost thought Larsen meant to kiss him in that moment, but Tracy Davis approached them just then, as if she could sniff out the prospect of sex.

“Whatcha guys doing?” Tracy asked. 

“Uh, nothing,” Jack replied unconvincingly.

"Jack, you’re blushing,” she squealed. “Did you and Larsen have sex?”


“No.”


“Not yet.” Larsen nudged Jack. 

“Wow, Larsen, look at you!” Tracy clapped her hands in glee. “Who would have thought you’d be batting for the other team after we hooked up sophomore year?”

“I forgot about that.” Jack knew Tracy did not mean her comment maliciously like Edgar, but he still felt uncomfortable. 

“I hope you don’t take it personally, Tracy,” Larsen told her.

“No, I’m kind of proud. Like, props to you, buddy!” Tracy hugged Larsen and clapped him on the back. “And good luck on the sex. I’m sure Jack is going to be just great.”  She moved on to hug Jack next and changed the subject. “Oh, did you guys hear about Cecelia?”

“I try not to think about her.” Larsen shuddered at the sound of the name.

“She's been committed,” Tracy informed them. “They sent her to Peaceful Meadows.” 

“The place were Fareed was treated?” Larsen asked.

“Fareed…and my father,” said Jack. 

* * *

During the morning recreation period at Peaceful Meadows Psychiatric, patients sat at couches and tables in the lounge, some played cards, while others watched television. Cecelia, in a plain white dress, sat in a far corner alone, staring down at the floor, lost in her memories. 

She remembered three years ago when she first saw Larsen on the soccer field during the game between Prospere Academy and Saint Catherine’s. She watched Larsen from behind that chain link fence as his Indian friend clapped him on the back. 

“Way to go, Larsen,” the friend said, the boy she now knew to be Fareed. “You were amazing out there today.”

“Eh, man, that was nothing.” That voice, that deep, resonant voice. If she had not already fallen in love with his beautiful face and body, she could have fallen in love with voice alone. She would never forget that beautiful day when her life truly began. Larsen was everything to her and always would be.  

“Larsen…his name is Larsen…”

“Did you just say Larsen?” Another voice dragged her out of her memories and into the present. She looked put to face a large, bald man, another patient who stared down at her curiously. 

“I didn’t say anything.” She never talked about Larsen to the other patients in the facility. She did not want to sully their love by hearing his name on their vulgar mouths. No one could know the depth of her feelings.

“You did. You said a name. Larsen.”

“What’s it to you?”

“I know that name. I know it well.”

“Leave me alone.”

“My name is Warren. You’ll find me later.”

Warren turned around and walked away. Cecelia stared after him. He had piqued her interest. If he really did know Larsen, maybe he alone among all these people would understand. Maybe he could help her.

PREP SCHOOL OBSESSION
COMING SOON! 

No comments:

Twitter