Thursday, September 3, 2009

Make a Difference in the Philippines

Hey everybody, aside from working on Prep School Blues, I also do video work for worldwide charity organizations to help needy children, especially in my family's home country of the Philippines.  There are many people in the Philippines who could use your help right now! 

Here's my testimonial from the Christ Church website and also a promotional film I made to raise money for the scholarship program that sends poor children to school...

Chris Conner Meets Joey John 
in the Philippines

"I met this 10-year-old kid Joey John. He was hording all these little cookies in his pockets, it was so adorable. So I went to the local store and bought all the cookies and candies (for about 5 bucks) they had and distributed them to all the kids in the church (about 40). Joey looked at me and said something in Tagalog. Translated it was: "Can you buy us Christmas presents too?"

"Well, I really wanted to, but I realized the only gift I could give to this sassy kid was an education, so I requested to Grandpa that I be able to sponsor Joey as a (Christ Church) scholar. "I later found out he was being raised by his elderly grandmother, so I feel very happy that I am able to help them out. It gives me so much joy to connect with the people of the Philippines, to get involved with their personal lives and struggles. I hope I can come back again soon." - Chris

Aetas, a film by Chris Conner:






Learn more about this amazing scholarship program at the Philippine Mission website.

No comments:

Twitter