Sunday, April 12, 2009

Prep School Blues: Beginnings. Issue 3: Gabrielle Gets Kissed (Script and Pics)

Since the comic book has, for budget reasons, had to go on indefinite hiatus, here's the script of Issue 3, Gabrielle Gets Kissed, plus some sketches and photos. Hopefully we can get the comic started up again at some point, until then, you can get an idea of what the third issue would have been like.

In Issue 3, a young Gabrielle expects a visit from her best friend and next door neighbor Fareed, but becomes angry when Fareed brings along his new friend Larsen. Gabrielle learns how to deal with boys.

ISSUE 3: GABRIELLE GETS KISSED

Story by Chris Conner

Art by Cameron Lewis


Gabrielle, age 10, sits at her mirror, combing her hair. She wears a nightgown.

GABRIELLE NARRATION: I waited longer than usual for Fareed that night. I listened for smack of the pebbles against my window to know that he was there.

A pebble smacks against the window. Gabrielle opens it. She looks down and sees Fareed standing outside. They smile at each other.

GABRIELLE NARRATION: Fareed had lived next door forever. Since we were five, he always snuck out of his house and night and came to my window. We could talk all night long.

FAREED: Gabby! Climb out!


Gabrielle climbs down her trellis towards Fareed. She looks happy to see him. Larsen steps out of the shadows. Gabrielle glares at him. She does not like the look of this.

FAREED: I brought a friend with me. Gabby, this is Larsen.

GABRIELLE: Oh, hi.

LARSEN: What do you guys want to do?

GABRIELLE: Let's play a game?

LARSEN: A game. Really?

GABRIELLE: Hide and seek. I hide. You guys seek.

Gabrielle runs away into the darkness. The boys follow her into a nearby park. Gabrielle crouches down inside a gazebo as the boys search around the park.

GABRIELLE NARRATION: I couldn't believe Fareed did this. I didn't know this Larsen kid. And I did not want him hanging out with us. I was so mad at Fareed.


Fareed finds Gabrielle in the gazebo. They are quiet definitely in puppy love, but struggling to deny it.

FAREED: Gotcha.

GABRIELLE: Wow. Good job.

FAREED: You're mad at me.

GABRIELLE: You bet I am. This is like our thing.

FAREED: What?

GABRIELLE: I thought we're best friends.

FAREED: We are.

GABRIELLE: Oh really?

FAREED: ... Really.

Fareed grabs Gabrielle and sloppily kisses her on the lips. Gabrielle punches him in the face.

GABRIELLE: Gross!

Gabrielle stomps away angrily.

GABRIELLE: I'm going to go find your friend Larsen. I bet he's not into kissing and yucky stuff like you!

Gabrielle turns back and looks at Fareed. He is very hurt.

GABRIELLE NARRATION: Actually, I kind of liked kissing. But I wasn't about to tell Fareed that.

THE END.



Well, that should give you an idea of what it would have been like. No future issues on the horizon anytime soon, but make sure to check out Season 3 of PSB now on YouTube!

No comments:

Twitter